5 days. If I don't leave I'll never get out of here

I could not sleep last night for anything. My head is completely and consistently filled with lists of things i think need to get done before I leave: take down the Christmas lights, plug the holes in the walls, throw down grass seed, sort the filing box, clear out the fridge....

It's never-ending.

After yesterday's rest what I learned is that I need more rest. Daily, actually. I can feel my body in a constant state of "on" and I don't like it. I want calm, where my body is really, truly not agitated and fully trusts that it is safe in thw world and that it us not being threatened.

So I left town today to go camping in the middle of nowhere,  Idaho. To be totally honest, this has been planned for weeks but isn't it slightly coincidental that it coincided with needing to calm down?

I was so tired today I barely remembered the essentials to bring camping and forgot a slew of things, but I made it up here. I am with friends and it is quiet and peaceful and [right now] so dark I can see the Milky Way.

Upon arrival, I sat, talked, ate a bag of popcorn, pitched my tent and eventually took a nap. THANK GOD I finally fell asleep! Sleep is a magic pill that makes everything so much better!

Currently I am parked in front of a gas station where my phone gets 4G after watching a fantastic performance of Guys and Dolls at the Starlight Mountain Theater.

I am so looking forward to looking at the stars, sleeping in my tent and feeling rested and calm.

God-willing, that will happen to tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still No Word

What have I done? #Homesick #Lonely