Happy 4th from [inside with the windows down in] Boise!

Happy Fourth of July to my American friends!

I am just over halfway through my visit to Boise and it has been wonderful! During the first week I was finishing up a class at Boise State University that took all of my spare time. I submitted my last assignment on Saturday and have been busy but not too busy. There has been a few coffee dates, time spent with my dear friend and her delightful mother, some (but not enough) being outside in the beautiful weather.

A friend from Abu Dhabi drove through with her husband and that was amazing! [I would like to say that I have had more friends fro the UAE visit me in Boise than I had in the UAE from America! Come on, people--come to Israel!]

I have a few adventures planned this week, but mostly I am enjoying spending time with myself relaxing and going to the gym and hiking and resting.

As for the 4th, I have done NOTHING! I ran a few errands and went to the gym, but no big plans--and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I was surprised at how many fireworks were set off this evening in and around the neighborhood. This is definitely not Dallas! I ended up closing the windows and turning up the TV to drown out the sounds. Ever since the rockets in Israel I'm really sensitive to  loud, bomb-like sounds. 

Here's what it sounded like on the patio. There is good reason why Israel cancelled fireworks last year. I can't imagine what it is like for people who grew up through war--I was only in it for 11 days.

I'd like to also say that I know it is more fun to see pictures of my activities from abroad rather than Boise, but I've got to start somewhere. The school years have been so hectic that posting becomes a lower priority. One of the big revelations I've had this year is how important it is for me to build rest and self-care into my daily life rather than trying to cram everything in right now and resting later. I've finally figured out that "later" never arrives.

Bardonnay with some Mountain Hosts

My I know from Abu Dhabi drove through Boise!

Morning runs with Beth.

A hike up Table Rock

The view of Boise from Table Rock

The mosaic at the hospital where I got my mammogram

The view on the way up to the summit of Bogus Basin

Saturday afternoon at Bogus Basin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still No Word

What have I done? #Homesick #Lonely