Escape to the Lake District


When I think of the Lake District in the UK, I think of this scene from the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice, a place I've wanted to visit ever since seeing the movie:

So when I was given the opportunity to hike (walk, as it is called in Europe) in the Lake District, I was definitely on board. 

As it turns out I was wrong. Pride and Prejudice was not filmed in the Lake District (which is actually a National Park) but in the Peak District, which is a different National Park. 

Zena and I arrived on Thursday evening and went hiking with her friend (our host) on Friday, Saturday and Monday with a break on Sunday for church and fellowship. Here's what the Lake District looks like from our hikes on Friday and Saturday. Next I am off to East Anglia to visit an old friend. 

From Friday:






On Saturday:








and finally, on Monday; although this is not from the Lake District but nearby:










Comments

  1. LUV LUV the pix! who was the stone wall built to keep out (or in?) i want to "do your trip" so at some point, email me the itenerary. hopefully it isn't 108 as it is here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pics! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Still No Word

What have I done? #Homesick #Lonely