Goodbye, America!

What a great trip the the US it was this year. I only stayed for 3 weeks primarily because if this is my last year abroad (still yet to be determined), I want to pack in the travel this summer, especially after Corona took away a lot of travel time. 

I took a graduate class this summer, so the first two weeks I was preoccupied with that. I spent one day in bed after getting my second booster for Covid (so that I could travel go on a short cruise in Greece this summer). Other than that, I spent time with family, friends and, most importantly, myself. I am not super great at planned down time where I am truly present with myself. I tend to turn on the TV and zone out--a habit I am not in the least condemning! I just would rather only do that by choice rather than as a habit when I don't want to.

I made sure to preserve time to myself and I made sure I spent time outside in the amazing weather in Boise. I forced myself to go hike Table Rock in the evenings and spent both Saturdays in Idaho at Bogus Basin. In Dallas I ran or walked each morning before the heat and humidity really set in. The only thing I didn't do enough of was sleep! 

On the Enneagram I am a One, and I heard my teacher say that One's only really relax when they are on vacation. The US is not a vacation so much for me as time spent checking things off of lists: doctor appointments, Amma treatments, seeing people, buying things (This is why I made myself go outside and be in the fresh air). All wonderful things but not really restful. That part starts Thursday.

A short photo album is linked below. Click on the map to get to it.

Click on the map to see photos from my time in America.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still No Word

What have I done? #Homesick #Lonely