CEASEFIRE!!

 I went to sleep around midnight with trepidation that the ceasefire would actually take affect.

When I awoke I checked the Red Alert app and saw this:


As you can see, the rockets kept coming all the way up until 2 a.m. but there have still be none since then (it's now 3 PM).

I feel amazing today! The difference in my mind and soul is stark and the  I plan to go on a run today, into the park, far from home (well, 2 miles away). Now that the threat is gone I can really feel how much the anxiety was permeating everything. Always in the back or forefront of my mind was where I would go if I heard a siren. I cannot imagine how awful it would be to live in Gaza where they do not have bomb shelters and a siren system and an Iron Dome protecting them. My heart hurts even thinking about it.

Walking to yoga today the streets were back to normal for a Friday afternoon. Our instructor, Talia, worked us hard to "sweat out ick and anxiety" of the last two weeks". I'm just about to meet two friends for a late lunch at a not-so-nearby cafe to welcome in the weekend. 

                        

I just checked the news and see that there was some violence at Al Aqsa Mosque this afternoon, but hopefully this ceasefire will hold. In the long term I hope there can be a real solution to the issues here rather than the band-aids of ceasefires.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still No Word

What have I done? #Homesick #Lonely