Robert & Joy's Holy Land Adventure, Day 6 @Tauck #HolyLand


This trip continues to be amazing!

Blogger and Google Photos don't cooperate, so here is the link to the slide show for today with comments.

Today's itinerary:

  • Sea of Galilee boat cruise.  This is actually a big lake, but it is where Jesus did about 75% of his teaching, according to our guide.
  • Visit the Deganya Kibbutz. A kibbutz is unique to Israel and is a settlement in which people live communally. When I was here in October for my friend's birthday party, I had the honor of staying in a kibbutz where part of her family still lives. It was not the same kibbutz, but a special experience. The closest experience I can relate it to is permanent summer camp. You walk everywhere you need to go, you drive through a gate to get in and out, and everyone lives very close together in small quarters. 
  • Travel to Nazareth, where Jesus grew up. Shockingly to me (or just exposing my ignorance) is that Nazareth is the largest Arab town in Israel--approximately 70%!  Suddenly signs were in Arabic and English and the Hebrew was left off. In a way, I felt more comfortable here because of the Arab presence. I am getting a feel for what is truly "Arab" as I travel from country to country.
  • Church of the Annunciation visit, where the angel Gabriel appeared to Mary and let her know her life was going to change. This church is stunning. Unlike most sites I've seen that are run by the Catholic Church, the little cave where Mary's supposedly lived (Mary's Cave) there was not a lot of gaudy-ness. 
Mary's Cave

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Still No Word

What have I done? #Homesick #Lonely