Robert & Joy's Holy Land Adventure Day #3 #TelAviv @Tauck #theminutiaecontinues

Today we DID leave the room, albeit later in the day.

Today also marks the first day of our official Tauck tour. We met everyone at dinner in our hotel.

Daddy and I awoke to less rain and wind than yesterday. Breakfast at this hotel was only until 10, so we had to get up early. For about 24 seconds I thought I would go to church this morning, but that quickly faded when I woke up after only 4ish hours of sleep.
The view from our hotel room
 After breakfast, we commenced our computer-ing for several more hours. Both of us seem to have inexhaustible number of things to do electronically. It was so rainy and cold outside that the thought of going outside wasn't super attractive.

However, eventually I went out to find a little food (another no-protein breakfast) and wander around. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I went again to McDonald's. It's so easy! And it's cheap! And their fries taste essentially the same on every continent!

I intended to do a long run when I returned to the hotel, but by then Daddy was ready to head out. And so we decided to find Independence Hall.
Rothschild Blvd
 Google maps led us to Rothschild Blvd and after some debate, walking back and forth, and finally asking a hotel receptionist for confirmation, we discovered we had found it.

It was closed. :(
In front of Independence Hall, which was closed for renovations
 I went on my long run then we got ready to meet our tour group!
My big event: long run. Not fast, I know. Don't judge me!

We have a small group--only 20 people. Most seem to be from California but a few from Arizona, Virginia, Colorado and of course, my dad from Texas.

Everyone was super friendly and I was impressed that everyone was willing to walk up to someone else and introduce themselves. Let me tell you what, if you want to have something to talk about on a tour like this, live in the Middle East!

My dessert at the welcome dinner

Lastly, in the paperwork before the tour you tell them allergies and issues you have. I gave them my list of allergies and they were AMAZING! They were totally informed and the waitstaff told me exactly what I could and could not eat. I was totally impressed!  I even got my own sorbet for dessert while everyone else had some sort of pie thing.

I know it's a lot of detail, but you know me. No story is too little to tell. So if' you've read this far, thank you for listening! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still No Word

What have I done? #Homesick #Lonely