Robert & Joy's Excellent Adventure: Day 2 #Nothing #Relax

It was a blustery day in Tel-Aviv on Sunday

My friend from the National Park Service, Jill, used to say that during furlough you do one thing a day. You know, like, "today I went to a movie," or "today I went to the grocery store." I find this is true when on vacation, as well.

By this measure, Daddy and I had a busy day! We did 3 things: breakfast, lunch, change hotels.

We set the alarm for 10:30 so we wouldn't miss breakfast. It was a lovely affair where I received my first education about Kosher food. I kept looking for the bacon and sausage, but there was none to be found! During this revelation, some poor manager-type woman came over to ask how our service was going. I, very nicely (I promise!) asked where the meat is. I'm sure she rolled her eyes at me in her head, but she was very kind as she explained to me that meat and dairy cannot mix. She was nice enough even to ask the kitchen if they could prepare me some meat, but they politely declined.

We returned to the room and sat around playing on our computers until I went for a run at about 2. I texted him when I got back to the hotel and he came down. We walked to an ATM via McDonald's (don't judge me--it's a thing we do when we travel) and returned to the hotel.

On my run along the Promenade
Then we had to get dressed for the 1-mile trek to our new hotel. The wind was absolutely howling. I mean seriously blowing. Three men it took to get our two suitcases into the trunk of the taxi!

We check into our new hotel about 30 minutes later, changed back into our "soft" clothes, and resumed doing NO-thing until about 1:15 a.m. (we stayed up to see if Tiger would win his quarterfinals match in the Dell Technologies Match Play from Austin).

It was an absolutely LOVELY day!  I haven't "wasted a Saturday" (Angie) in so long and I don't feel guilty about it at all!!!

The end.


Update:
My dad wanted me to point out that we DID have dinner; we pilfered through our luggage and the room and ate all the fruit and granola bars we could find.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still No Word

What have I done? #Homesick #Lonely