Sailtoad Super Saturday! #Wheredidyouruntoday? #RacetoRobieCreek

Saturday is long run day, regardless of the continent, no matter whether Saturday is the first or second day of the weekend. 

It's not Robie, but it was a beautiful day for a 6-miler (Yes, that has become long. Don't judge me) on the Corniche. I know I've written about running here before, but it was an especially spectacular day.
The Abu Dhabi Sailtoad takes Robie to the Middle East.

I'm not sure how far I could run, but at least 4 or 5 miles one way. It's brick, but it's beautiful.



The best part of any run....putting on flipflops at the car! And everything else needed for a great post-run.

 

It was such a great Saturday! I went home, showered, then spent the afternoon completing online training for my job while watching the entire first season of The Good Place (it is laugh-out-loud funny, I totally recommend it).

Part of me felt a little guilty just sitting around while I'm living in such a faraway land, but it was more or less quickly squished by the peace and joy that I experienced. It was glorious to be free from the need to be doing; to have to be nowhere; to wear soft clothes all day; to only leave to get food and to move my car into the parking garage; to have the big accomplishment of the day behind me by 11 a.m.; to just be and enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still No Word

What have I done? #Homesick #Lonely