Evita at the #DubaiOpera

Quite a while ago I went to see Evita in Dubai, but i forgot to hit "Publish". Better late than never.

The woman who played Evita had an incredible voice. Other than that, I can't believe that Andrew Lloyd Webber, creator is such masterpieces as Phantom of the Opera and Miss Saigon, was the creator. I was totally underwhelmed by the "story" [read: lack thereof] and the chords in the opening scene sent a revolting shiver down to my spine that I could not shake until intermission.

Still, the setting, the complex and the venue are incredible.
Look closely, there are duck-bananas on the prowl!!


I'm in Dubai for the weekend for a workshop and just got back to the hotel after seeing Evita at the Dubai Opera. This was my first visit to this venue, although it is down by the Burj Khalifa area which I have visited several times.

While the journey through the parking garage to the "Opera Section" was long and winding, I was rewarded with a visual feast when I finally emerged from the underground concrete maze.

The whole complex is spectacular!
Burj Khalifa

The Opera House



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still No Word

What have I done? #Homesick #Lonely