Summer 2022 - the Final Piece!

The last segment of my whirlwind summer was FRANCE!  My friend Zena invited me to join her some of her hiking friends on a week-long trip to the Alps in the south of France. WOW! I have always wanted to do this!

Zena!!

I took the train from 3 nights' rest in Geneva, Switzerland, to Lyon where I met my 7 newest friends! Together we got to Veynes where we were met by our guides.

The following 7 days were absolutely amazing! The women I was with are all retired and know each other primarily from a hiking group. We hiked from lodging to lodging and because of the drought several of them had no electricity (apparently the electricity is hydro-powered). It was fantastic to be unplugged for a week. With the exception of lunches in the high mountains, we didn't get a signal.  I turned off airplane mode long enough each day to keep my 200+ day streak on Duo-lingo alive!

Here is the trip we did and here are a few snapshots of the week--just know that the pictures don't do it justice!
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Biopsy

Still No Word